Saturday 12 January 2008

Pictures...finally!

Finally, here are some pictures! I took many more today, but those take a bit to upload. I will get to them soon! In the meantime, enjoy!

One of the first things you must do in London is pay a visit to the royal family...or at least their house.

We got to Buckingham Palace just in time to watch the changing of the guard. It's quite a good parade.

Apparently Prince William and Prince Harry are in this regiment. I could have sworn I saw both (though it looked like Harry, or his look-alike, was asleep). Then again, I could be seeing what I want to see.

The statue of Victory stands proudly in front of Buckingham. It is gorgeous on sunny days (I'll post a picture of that later).

I've loved St. Paul's Cathedral ever since I the first time I watched Mary Poppins. I want to feed the birds on the front steps at some point.

A lovely view of St. Paul's. It is in an incredible building. I can't wait to actually see the inside.

Queen Victoria commissioned this gorgeous gold-plated statue of her husband, Albert, after he died. It's only about a 15 minute walk from my flat.

Some pretty homes in Kensington. The photo does not do it justice at all. Kensington is the most gorgeous, WEALTHY and safe neighborhood in all of London.

Here is our adorable flat on Hogarth Rd. Pictures from the inside to come.

Here's some food for thought: This is the "American food" section at our local supermarket. We've got fried chicken, nachos and sour cream, potato skins, BBQ ribs... I thought it was pretty funny.

No comments: