Thursday 17 January 2008

Feelin' Wicked

I have known the soundtrack to Broadway's "Wicked" by heart for over two years, and tonight I finally get to see it on stage! In the 10th row, front and center, no less! You can't imagine how excited I am about this. Or maybe those of you who know my obsession can. I've heard the London cast is spectacular. I'll fill you in on the show later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Today has been a great day thus far. I went to the Emap offices in Soho, where I was met by an amazing supervisor and staff. The office itself is so cool--very hip and contemporary set-up and a young and tech-savvy staff. Also I'm pretty excited about our lenient dress code. I can wear office slacks or skirts one day and jeans the next, which is great, since I'm over here with a limited wardrobe anyway. My supervisor, Lillian, is wonderful. She's extremely friendly and is set on giving me a lot of personal responsibility over projects this semester. She says I could easily walk away with at least three or four projects I've managed from conception through execution, and have a ton of work and clips to show for it. I'll be working in account services, but I'll also be doing a lot of trend research and strategy planning with Lillian. She's such a vivacious and intelligent woman. I know I am going to learn so much from her. Also, we get a ton of free magazines, music and access to TV show and movie screenings and premiers, shootings and other exclusive events. Maybe I'll meet a few Brit stars while I'm here! Who knows?! I start Monday at 10 a.m. (Hooray! No 7 a.m. commute!) I'lll keep you updated as the job progresses. I'm already helping to analyze and strategize a campaign for a local non-profit for children. Perfect--right up my alley! I am going to have an incredibly fun time here. I am absolutely thrilled.

I've got to run and eat before Wicked. Stay tuned for more, especially the next few days during my journey to Cardiff, Wales!

2 comments:

Dan said...

Make sure you "Mind the Gap." lol

Dan said...

Oh ... sorry I did not leave my name in my last comment. For some reason, this blog wants to call me "tojuso". Not sure where that ancient name comes from. It's a contraction of "Told you so". Anyway, this is your uncle Dan speaking. I've been on the tube several times, and I can still hear the man's voice echoing in my head. "Mind the Gap!"
Anyway, I will be in Marlow in early March, and I hope to come and visit with you then.