Thursday 7 February 2008

Picture links

Hello all! I am exhausted, but I wanted to put up a couple of links to some photo albums on Facebook.

To view pictures from Pete's weekend, click here.

To view pictures from my trip to Warwick Castle and Shakespeare's home in Stratford-Upon-Avon, click here.

We had an absolutely GORGEOUS day at Warwick and Stratford-Upon-Avon. It was sunny and beautiful, not too cold either. Just being able to look out on the incredible countryside was my favorite part. Also, I've discovered that I'm a bit of a history buff, so I've enjoyed hitting up these castles and learning about the people that once lived there. Visiting Anne Hathaway and William Shakespeare's (Hathaway was his wife) homes in Stratford-Upon-Avon was also a lot of fun. I'm a little bit of a doubter on the whole Shakespeare thing. I have a couple of issues believing that the son of a glove maker in rural England who was only educated up until the age of 13 was capable of writing these incredible sonnets and plays which deal with royalty, aristocracy and classical history. I am what one may classify as a fan of the Oxfordian theory, which felt it may have been some sort of earl that actually wrote the plays. Regardless, I still enjoyed the trip so much and appreciated learning about how people lived back in the 1600s. It definitely was a simple life back then, at least by our standards. Part of me would love that simplicity, but I am too connected to technology and electricity to ever wish that I lived back then.

Tonight I saw the Lion King musical with a group from my classes. It was an event paid for by our program fees, so I definitely opted to go. And I'm glad I did. The show was incredible, especially the staging and costumes. The costumes literally brought animals to life on stage. I'll have to include a few still shots later to show what I mean. As one of my favorite Disney movies of all time, I had a blast watching it and singing along to the songs in my head. The vocals were amazing as well. It was definitely a different perspective seeing it on stage than as a cartoon. I think I liked the stage better.

There are more updates with work and some more pictures that I need to post up here, but I'm going to get to bed right now. Sorry for the brief update. However, hopefully the picture links will suffice for now. Goodnight from London!

No comments: